February 27, 2017
Astronomy French Scientific Organization
The French institutions and laboratories working on the astronomy component of the Odin project are:
- the DEMIRM laboratory at the Meudon Observatory,
- LESIA (ARPEGES laboratory) at the Meudon Observatory.
The ARPEGES laboratory's role is to:
- work with the Chalmers team on definying level 0, level 1A and level 1B products, as well as definying the process for transforming level 0 to level 1A and level 1B products
- verify the AOS is working correctly during a one-year phase including flight tests. To achieve this ARPEGES, has developed software to:
- process level 0-SMR/AOS to monitor the instrument's operation
- transform data from level 0-SMR/AOS to level 1-SMR/AOS to evaluate instrument performance
- develop or suggest tools supporting transformation of level 1 to level 2
- define the hardware and software configuration needed for French scientists to use level 1 products in their own laboratories
The number of French scientists belonging to the Odin astronomy group using data is estimated at 15.